Chicken in Phyllo (#2186)
Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 16 oz Chicken Breast Halves (Boneless Skinless) 2 large or 4 small breasts
- 2 oz Butter melted
- 1 Package Phyllo (Filo) Pastry Sheets
- 4 tablespoons Shallots minced
- 1 tsp Sage
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c). Halve chicken breasts & pound flat.
- Melt butter. Layer 4 sheets of phyllo, buttering each sheet.
- On each chicken breast sprinkle 1 tablespoon shallots and 1/4 teaspoon of sage. If using fresh sage use one whole large leaf for each breast.
- Lay one ounce of cheese on each breast & roll up.
- Place breast in the middle of the phyllo, at one end; roll once, fold in sides, brush with butter and continue rolling, buttering as you go.
- Lay all on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 25 minutes until browned and the breasts have been cooked through.
- If you have a thermometer the breasts should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees f.