Aubergine roasted in Tomato Sauce (#2184)
Roasts Turkish Vegan
Share This Recipe
- 1 whole Eggplant Diced into large cubes 1.5cm
- 1 large Onions cut into 4 then sliced
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 800 grams Tomatoes, Canned, Crushed tinned chopped tomato
- 1 large Olive Oil plenty
- Dice the aubergine into large chunks and put into a baking dish. Douse in olive oil (it soaks up a lot, so be generous) and put into the oven at gas mark 6 for about 15 minutes mixing them up half way.
- Meanwhile put some rice on to cook.
- While those cook, put the tinned tomatoes and garlic into a pan with another gush of olive oil and some salt. Mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the aubergines are ready, add the onions and tomato sauce and mix together. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Spoon the final mixture onto a pile of rice, and enjoy.