Kohlrabi, Carrot and Fennel Slaw (#2182)
Salads Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Curry Powder or to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds or as needed, toasted and coarsely ground
- 1 Cucumbers seeded and thinly sliced into half moon
- 1 Fennel Bulb thinly sliced
- 2 large Carrots grated, or 3 medium
- 2 small Kohlrabi or 1 medium, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1/8-inch matchsticks
- 16 oz Cabbage 1 pound, green, purple or both
- 1 Red Chili Peppers finely chopped
- 3 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, curry powder and toasted cumin until well blended.
- Place all the prepared vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over and toss until well mixed and evenly coated.
- Season to taste with more soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil if needed.
- Chill in the frige for at least 15 minutes.
- Top with some toasted sesame seeds and serve.