Chorizo (Mexican Sausage) (#2181)
Mexican Pork Sausage
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Pork lean, coarse grind
- 1/4 pound Pork Fat chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder mild or spicy
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Coriander ground
- 1/4 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Oregano dried, crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 2 tsp Salt
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup Vinegar white
- 1/2 cup Sherry dry
- 1 Sausage Casing
- Combine ground pork meat and fat thoroughly.
- Add the paprika, chili powder, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, ginger, oregano, cumin, garlic, salt, vinegar and sherry (brandy may be substituted).
- If you use mild chili powder a mild sausage will result. If you use spicy red chili pepper flakes a spicy chorizo will result.
- Mix well with hands.
- Fry up a small amount and check for seasoning, adjust if desired.
- If desired store refrigerated for 1 to 3 days, then freezer or package as desired.
- Form into patties and sauté until completely cooked.
- Alternatively the mixture may be forced into sausage casing and frozen for later use.
- With raw sausage always make sure to thoroughly cook before consumption. Air drying is not recommended.