Oreo Cookie-DIY (#2179)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter softened, 1/2 stick
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar or sugar replacement
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- 1 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Powdered Sugar for dusting
Oreo Cookie Filling
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar granulated
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tablespoons Water hot
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine butter, sugars and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed until light, about 5 minutes, scraping bowl and beaters occasionally.
- Beat in the egg until smooth.
- While the mixture is beating, sift the cocoa with the flour and salt.
- Stop mixer, scrape down bowl and beaters and add dry ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Scrape the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Cover with another piece of wrap and press the dough into a rough disk.
- Refrigerate the dough until it is firm -- several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, arrange rack at the middle level of the oven.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts and roll one at a time on a lightly floured work surface into a 6-inch square.
- Cut the dough with a fluted or plain round cutter into nine 2-inch cookies and set them on the prepared pan.
- Continue with the remaining dough.
- After rolling all the dough, press the scraps back together and make about 10 more cookies.
- Pierce the cookies several times with a fork and sprinkle them lightly with icing sugar.
- Bake the cookies about 20 minutes, until slightly puffed and firm. Cool the cookies on a wire rack, make about 3 dozens cookies.
- Storage suggestion:
- Keep the cookies between layers of waxed paper in an air-tight tin or plastic container.
- For oreo cookie filling:
- Combine filling ingredients and mix well.
- Form into balls about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in diameter, again using your hands.
- Sandwich one filling in the center of two cookies and carefully press down until the filling spreads almost to the edge.