Asian Stir-Fried Spaghetti with Veggies (#2177)
Pastas Salads Stir Fries Chinese Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Spaghetti whole wheat
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil roasted, divided
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce or tamari, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic freshly minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and freshly minced
- 1/2 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions thinly sliced, divided
- 1 cup Snow Pea Pods
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 Portabello Mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard or 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp Hot Chili Pepper Oil sichuan, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 Cucumbers cut into strips 1/4 inch and 1-1/2 inches
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions and drain.
- Combine 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame oil with 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- Toss warm spaghetti with this mixture and set aside.
- In a wok or a large nonstick skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the ginger, garlic and 1/4 cup scallions, stirring constantly, and cook for about 1 minute until very fragrant.
- Stir in snow pea pots, sweet bell peppers, and mushrooms, and cook for about 3 minutes until vegetables become soft but still crispy.
- Meanwhile whisk together remaining 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, rice vinegar, dry mustard and hot chili oil until well blended.
- Pour over the vegetables, stirring constantly, and cook for another 1 minute until heated through and weel coated.
- Season with more soy sauce, rice vinegar, hot chili oil, sesame oil if needed.
- Remove the wok or skillet from the heat, and stir in cilantro and scallions until well combined.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.