Homemade Sandwich Crackers (#2176)
Share This Recipe
- 150 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 25 grams Sugar
- 25 grams Salt
- 75 grams Butter chilled
- 1/2 whole Eggs beaten
- 50 ml Water cooled
- 50 grams Butter
- 100 grams Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sift the flour. Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix. Rub the butter into the flour mixture with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next add approximately 1/2 of the beaten egg yolk and also add the water. Mix well your hands. Try to work quickly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Now take the chilled dough and roll out into a large square that is about 1/8 inch thick, using a rolling pin. Cut it into cracker sized squares ( 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inch) using a pastry cutter (fluted cutter is great if you have one).Prick the cracker with a fork
- Lightly butter a baking tray and then line with oiled or baking sprayed parchment paper. Place the crackers onto the baking tray.
- Bake about 7 minutes at 200c degrees or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar and milk, beating constantly until combined. Add vanilla . Mix well.
- Now take one cracker and spread 2 teaspoons of the filling on the bottom of it and then top with another cracker. Press down.
- Serve and enjoy.
- See my web sites www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com