What to do when your brother gives you a courgette. (#2174)
Share This Recipe
- 1 whole Potatoes Diced 8mm
- 1 inch Leeks Sliced longways then into 3/4inch strips
- 1 whole Zucchini Diced 1cm
- 225 grams Adzuki Beans 1 tin
- 1 Olive Oil One generous helping
- Dice the (unpeeled) potato small and put it in a saucepan of boiling water, then turn the heat down and let it simmer. The smaller you chop it, the quicker it'll cook. We'll be mashing it at the end.
- While that's simmering chop slice the leek longways, and then chop the strips into roughtly 3/4 of an inch pieces so you end up with lots of little strips.
- Throw some margarine into your wok over a medium flame and let it get hot, then put the leeks in.
- Dice the courgette's and add them a minute or two after the leeks. Keep stirring/tossing the contents of the wok so it cooks evenly.
- Once the potatos are done strain them in a sieve then put them back in the pan (or another bowl) and add a generous helping of olive oil and mash them - either with something electric, a hand potato mash or (as i do) an old fashioned mechanical whisk.
- Once the courgettes are nearly done open your tin of adzuki beans and rinse them (they come out with slimey bean-stuff on them). Add them to the wok and mix them in, you don't need to cook them - just warm them up.
- Once the beans are warm add the mashed potato and mix it all together. It'll probably go slightly purple from the beans.
- Enjoy :) i think this will be just as nice chilled as fresh and hot.