Homemade Coconut Rotti -Srilanka (#2170)
Share This Recipe
- 400 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 250 grams Shredded Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Tbsp Hot Chili Peppers small slices
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground to taste
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Curry Leaves or chopped coriander leaves, optional
- Combine the all ingredients, mix well, and add enough water to make a soft dough (not stick).
- Let the dough rest in the bowl 15 minutes.
- Shape it in to ball about 2 inches in diameter.
- Then flatten each ball a greased plate, thick as desired.
- Cook in a frying pan very lightly greased with oil keep turning on both sides until rotti is cooked(light brown).
- Serve hot with fish or chicken curry, banana or your favorite.
- See my web sites www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Stellasrecipe. Blogspot. Com