Stuffed German Apple Pancakes (#2169)
Cakes German Breakfast
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 5 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 5 Apples peeled, sliced
- 1 Maple Syrup for serving, as needed
- 1 Lemon Juice fresh, for serving, as needed
- Instead of sliced apples, 1/2 cup chopped, peeled apple may be added to regular pancakes, and cooked on the griddle.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Beat eggs with milk and cream.
- Add melted butter.
- Combine mixtures and beat until smooth.
- Heat a 10 inch skillet, brush well with butter and pour 3/4 cup of the batter into the pan, tipping so it flows evenly over the bottom.
- When pancake is set, cover with a layer of thinly sliced peeled apples and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle each pancake with cinnamon and sugar to taste, and bake in a preheated 400 degree f oven for 3 minutes.
- Fold pancakes so apples are inside.
- Brush top with butter, sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and sugar, and again, after all 6 pancakes are done, arrange on a fire proof platter or a casserole dish and brown under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh lemon juice.