Chocolate Wafers (#2167)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Butter
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar granulated
- 3 large Eggs whole, smiling
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 cups Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- Cut four 14 x 12-inch pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until evenly distributed.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into an 8 to 10-inch roll.
- Wrap each roll in 1 piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Place wrapped rolls in plastic freezer container with a tight- fitting lid, or wrap airtight in a 14 x 12-inch piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Label with date and contents.
- Store in freezer.
- Use within 6 months.
- To bake cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Slice frozen dough 1/4 inch thick and arrange on sheets 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are set on edges and slightly firm on top.
- Make about 12 dozens.
- Cool on racks.