Savoiardi (Ladyfingers) (#2165)
Share This Recipe
- 3 large Eggs separated
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cake Flour sifted
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in almond extract.
- Beat whites untill stiff but not dry and gradually beat in sugar until whites are glossy and very stiff.
- Fold yolks gently into whites.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients.
- Drop batter by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, forming into fingers 3 inches long and 1inch wide.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c) 10 minutes, until light brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.
- Makes about 3 dozens lady fingers.