Christmas Mincemeat or Jam Turnovers (#2151)
Cookies Desserts Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 large Eggs oor 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons Milk or cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 Mince Meat, Prepared or other as needed, fruit jam, such as apricot, raspberry or prune...
- Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix egg, milk, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl or a measuring cup.
- Cream sugar with butter until lightened and smooth.
- Beat egg mixture into creamed butter until just combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until mixture begins to clump together, 18 to 20 seconds on lowest speed of electric mixer. Do not over mix. Or you can use hand to finish this step as well.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead gently to shape into a soft dough.
- It can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen up to 6 months.
- Working with 1/4 of the dough at a time, roll to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut dough rounds.
- Transfer rounds to prepared cookie sheet.
- Fill the center of each with a little bit less than 1/2 teaspoon of prepared mincemeat, or jams.
- Fold in half, crimp edges with a fork.
- Turn corners up within 1/2-inch of meeting.
- Arrange shaped cookies about 1 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake at 375° f (190° c) until golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Dust with sugar if desired.