Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (#2144)
Desserts Pies Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
For The Cookies
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter softened, 1 stick
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 large Eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Pumpkin 100% pure
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
For The Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature, packaged
- 6 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Source: Libby's pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Lightly grease or line four baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl; set.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Drop by heaping measuring teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. (a total of 72 cookies are needed for the recipe.)
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cream cheese filling:
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of filling onto flat side of one cookie; top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.