Teriyaki Marinade and BBQ Sauce (#2141)
Grill/BBQ Marinades Sauces Grill/BBQ
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Red Hot Pepper Sauce optional
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the corn starch.
- Marinade the meat long enough to flavor and tenderize- 1 hr for young chicken breasts or fish, overnight for round steak and up to 5 days for some game cuts. Barbecue and baste with the marinade.
- Make a slurry of the starch and a little water and whisk into the marinade.
- Bring to a boil, stirring as the sauce thickens.
- Serve with the barbecued meat.
- Real garlic and ginger only improves this dish.
- The amount of pepper sauce can be varied from mild to fiery.
- You can substitute wine, sherry, orange or pineapple juice for some or all of the water to vary the flavor.
- Pineapple juice has an enzyme that provides additional tenderizing power to the vinegar and mustard.