Homemade Heart shaped Cookies (#2138)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 150 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 60 grams Butter
- 40 grams Sugar
- 1 whole Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoons Candy colour
- 1 tablespoons Sugar syrup
- 1/4 cup Sugar syrup
- 1/4 cup Water for syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 cup degrees.
- Mix baking powder and flour, sift well.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar, beat well . Add 1/2 of the beaten egg and vanilla, beat well. Then, mix in the flour mixture. It will be stiff so you may want to stir with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for one hour or until easy to handle.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness using a rolling pin.
- You need three different sized heart-shaped cookie cutters for this (one 2 inch, second 1 1/2 inch, third 1 inch).
- Using the largest heart shaped cookie cutter, cut 15 cookies. Next using the second heart shaped cookie cutter, cut 15 more cookies. After that, take the second batch of smaller sized cookies and cut a heart shape out of the middle of the cookie using the third cutter. Now separate the middle, smallest size heart.
- Next brush the medium sized cookie with some of the remaining beaten egg, then place that over the top of the large cookie. If you want to make cookie ˜pops', you can insert the point of a bamboo skewer into the point of the big heart cookie. (skewers should soak in water for at least five minutes beforehand, otherwise they will burn).
- Place cookies on a greased baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes until light golden. Let cool.
- For the syrup, add sugar and water into a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to boil over low heat to 105c degrees. Use a thermometer. Once the sugar is dissolved and it's a bit thickened and reaches the right temperature, remove from heat.
- Next brush sugar syrup in the middle of the heart-shaped cutout in the center of the cookies. Sprinkle candy sprinkles on top of the sugar syrup, in the middle of the cutout. I have done this in the photo above.
- Serve and enjoy
- See my website www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com