Lemon meringue ice cream (#2137)
Desserts Ice Creams Meringues Snacks Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 2 oz Meringue broken
- 1/2 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Lemon Rind and juice
- 1/2 Lemon Curd Half a jar of home-made or luxury
- Line a 900ml (1 1/2 pint) pudding basin with cling film (this quantity can also be made in a 450g (1lb) loaf tin).
- Lightly break up the meringue into chunky pieces.
- Whisk the cream lightly until it leaves a trail in the bowl, add the lemon juice and rind and lemon curd to the cream.
- Then gently fold in the meringue.
- Spoon the lemon meringue mixture into the pudding basin, cover with cling film then freeze for at least six hours.
- If the ice cream has been in the freezer overnight or longer it has to be brought to room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes before turning out on to a plate.
- Dip a sharp knife in boiling water before slicing.
- Decorate with a holly sprig, dust with icing sugar and serve with raspberry coulis.