Liver Dumplings (#2133)
Share This Recipe
- 4 Kaiser Rolls stale, chopped
- 1 Onions finely
- 5 oz Beef Liver ground
- 2 tablespoons Marjoram
- 1 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Salt
- 1 Black Pepper
- 1 Nutmeg ground
- 1 bunch Parsley Leaves chopped
- 1 Lemon Zest grated
- 1 Butter for sauteing
- Soak the rolls in lukewarm milk.
- Sauté the onion and parsley in butter, then add - along with the other ingredients - to the soaked rolls and mix well into a firm mass.
- If the mixture is too loose, add a bit of plain breadcrumbs.
- Shape into dumplings, put into barely boiling water, and let steep for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to clear beef broth and serve.