Pate a la Rapure (#2132)
Desserts Pies Chicken Main
Share This Recipe
- 5 pounds Chicken
- 5 pounds Potatoes
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 Celery Stalks diced
- 1 Carrots grated
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- Cut chicken into individual pieces.
- Place in saucepan. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil.
- Add onions, celery, carrot, thyme or bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Peel and grate potatoes over a bowl of cold water.
- When chicken is cooked squeeze 1 or 2 cups potatoes at a time in a piece of cotton until quite dry.
- Place in a saucepan. When potatoes are all squeezed dry add as much boiling broth from the chicken as needed to almost cover ptoatoes.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Salt lightly. Simmer over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Grease generously a 8 inch square baking dish.
- Spread half potatoes in the bottom of the pan.
- Bone the hot chicken and spread over the potatoes, cover with the half of the potatoes.
- Mince one small onion very finely, add 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 2 slices fat salt pork cut in very small dice.
- Bake 1/2 hour in 350° f (180° c) f oven or until top is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot.