Alfredo Sauce with Blackened Chicken (#2126)
Share This Recipe
- 1 2/3 cup Cream heavy
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese
- 1 clove Garlic or to taste, pressed
- 1/4 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan (i prefer metal) over med – high heat add heavy cream, butter and garlic.
- Do not let the sauce boil, it will turn sour. If it starts to boil quickly remove it from the heat and turn the heat down.
- Get the sauce hot enough, but not to a boil, start adding the cheeses a little at a time until they dissolve.
- During this entire process you will be stirring the sauce constantly.
- When all the cheese has dissolved add the salt and pepper. Keep on stirring, check the temperature of the sauce, if it is hot, it is done.
- At the end add a few dashes of freshly grated nutmeg. Not too much because it is strong.
- I like to use bow tie noodles. Add blackened cajun chicken over top of the dish.
- How to make blackened chicken – pound out or butterfly boneless skinless chicken breast.
- Season both sides generously with cajun seasoning (should be red in color).
- Using a cast iron pan (any other pan will do) but cast iron works best add some evoo (quite a bit) on med – high heat (more high) fry (blacken) the chicken.
- About 4 minutes on each side. That’s it .
- Jennifer loganathan loves to cook and make up her own recipes. More recipes to come!