Rhubarb Cake (#2125)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Rhubarb chopped
- 6 lumps Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mace
- In a bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in the top of a sifter, set over the butter-mixture bowl, then sift into the bowl alternately with the sour cream.
- Blend well, then fold in the rhubarb.
- Spread the batter into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Crush the sugar lumps and mix with the mace.
- Sprinkle over the top of the batter and bake in a preheated 350° f (180° c). Oven for 45 minutes.