Homemade Sweet Lotus Root Chips (#2122)
Share This Recipe
- 100 grams Lotus Root slices
- 50 ml Molasses coconut
- 250 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Wash and peel brown skin. Drain out water completely.[use a vegetable peeler or sharp knife.]
- Cut thinly slice lotus root into about 1/8 inch segments.
- Heat oil, deep fry the slices until they are crispy.
- Remove slices and cool.
- Then in a thick-bottomed pan, add coconut treacle (treacle is a coconut liquid, it’s brown in color and similar to molasses), sugar and cinnamon powder, bring to boil up to 100 cup degrees (use a thermometer).
- Then add the treacle/caramel mixture to the lotus root and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.
- See my website www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com