Easy Chicken Stir Fry (#2119)
Stir Fries Chinese Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 bunch Broccoli Florets
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers
- 2 large Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions
- 3 Chicken Breasts halves
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sherry dry
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp Thai Chili Paste
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Root minced
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts optional
- Substitute: 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow peppers for the sweet pepper ingredient.
- Hot pepper sauce (dash) may be used instead of chili paste.
- Divide chicken stock and vegetable oil in halves for seperate uses.
- Cut broccoli into florets; peel and cut stalks on diagonal into 1/4 inch thick slices. Cut pepper(s) into 1-inch squares.
- Cut green onions in half lengthwise; cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces.
- Cut chicken into thin strips.
- Set aside separately.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, soy sauce, set aside.
- Heat wok or deep skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil; heat for 30 seconds, swirling to coat pan.
- Stir-fry half the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside; remove and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, adding some of the remaining oil if necessary.
- Add to reserved chicken.
- Add remaining oil to wok.
- Stir-fry garlic and ginger for 10 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and pepper(s); stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add onions; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour in remaining stock; cover and steam; stirring once, for 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Stir chicken back into wok; push to side of pan.
- Pour soy mixture into centre of wok; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir chicken mixture into sauce until coated.
- Sprinkle with cashew nuts.