Blueberry Mascarpone Cupcakes with Mascarpone Cream Frosting (#2114)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Mascarpone Cheese softened
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 4 tablespoons Canola Oil or any vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Low-Fat Milk
- 2 cups Blueberries fresh
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Mascarpone Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or as needed to reach desired consistancy
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat 24-muffin cups with cooking spray, grease with butter or line with papper cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add fresh blueberries into another large bowl with an electric mixer, and mash them with a potato masher or fork.
- Add mascarpone cheese, egg whites, vegetable oil, vanilla, milk into bowl with mashed blueberries, and stir until well mixed.
- Beat in dry ingredients with electric mixer on lowest setting.
- Scrap down the sides and the bottom once or twice.
- Fill cupcakes 2/3 full, bake in preheated oven for 28 to 32 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes in pans on wire rack, allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Then make the frosting:
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form, avoid over beating cream.
- In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest as needed until smooth.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cheese mixture until well mixed.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and serve.