Macadamia Nut French Toast (#2111)
Share This Recipe
- 4 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 2/3 cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 loaf Italian Bread Shell cut into 1 inch slices
- 2/3 cup Butter or margarine,
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 1 Powdered Sugar for garnish
- 1 Nutmeg ground, for garnish
- Combine eggs and next 5 ingredients, stirring well.
- Fit bread slices in a single layer into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over bread slices; cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning bread once.
- Pour butter in a 15x10x2-inch jellyroll pan; place bread slices in a single layer in pan.
- Bake at 400° f (200° c) for 10 minutes; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 10 additional minutes.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately with maple syrup.