Breakfast Mushroom and Cheese Omelette (#2109)
Share This Recipe
- 1 Nonstick Cooking Spray as needed
- 1/2 small Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms cremini or white, sliced, rinsed and dried, stems trimmed off
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 2 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp Thyme dried
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Swiss Cheese grated
- 1 Parsley Leaves freshly chopped, optional
- Coat non-skillet with cooking spray, heat in medium heat.
- Add onion, sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and balsamic vinegar, cook and stir often for about 10 minutes, until mushrooms has released most of the juice.
- Add scallions and remove from the heat, set aside on a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet, coating with cooking spray, heat in medium-high heat, meanwhile add the thyme into eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook over medium flame.
- Lift edges of the skillet to allow raw egg mixture to flow underneath and cook.
- When the egg is about half set, spread mushroom mixture evenly and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Fold the egg over to enclose the filling and cook to desired doneness.
- Slide onto a serving platter. Sprinkle parsley leaves if desired.
- Serve warm.