Applesauce Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Cookies (#2104)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter or half canola oil and half butter
- 1/2 cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons Apple Juice Concentrate frozen, thawed
- 1/4 cup Water boiling
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour or half whole wheat and half white flour
- 4 1/2 oz Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 oz Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c). Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, with mixer on high, beat butter, light and fluffy (note mixture may appear to be curdled).
- In a small bowl, combine boiling water, baking soda, and vanilla and beat into margarine mixture.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if using.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto prepared baking sheet, making 48 cookies.
- Bake for about 11 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely on rack.