Avocado, Roasted Corn, and Cilantro Salsa (#2078)
Sauces Spreads Mexican Side Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic freshly minced
- 2 cups Corn fresh or frozen
- 1/4 small Red Onion finely diced
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers cored, seeded, and diced small
- 1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp Red Hot Pepper Sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoons Lime Juice fresh
- 1/4 cup Cilantro freshly chopped
- 1 Avocados slightly firm, diced
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper fresh ground, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1 1/2 cloves garlic, stirring constantly, and cook for about 40 seconds until very fragrant.
- Add the corn, and roast until until brown spots appear on the corn kernels, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set side. Let cool for a few minutes.
- While the corn is cooking, mix together the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, and gently toss to combine.
- Once the corn is cooled down a bit, add the corn to the mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. You may also need to add more lime juice or cumin if needed.
- Serve or cover and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Note: The salsa can be kept in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a few days.