Mama Delilah's Minestrone (#2075)
Share This Recipe
- 30 oz Canned Kidney Beans drained
- 15 oz Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) drained
- 15 oz Green Peas drained
- 28 oz Tomatoes, Canned With Juice petite diced
- 28 oz Tomato Sauce
- 6 whole Carrots thinly sliced
- 4 stalks Celery diced
- 2 whole Yellow Onion diced
- 6 whole Russet Potatoes cubed
- 4 cups Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons Italian Parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons Basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oregano powdered
- 1/2 tsp Sage powdered
- 5 whole Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Red Pepper Flakes (or to taste)
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound Elbow Macaroni
- Sauté celery, onion, carrots, and garlic in olive oil until carrots are beginning to soften (about 8 to 10 minutes)
- In large stock pot, combine kidney beans, chick peas, peas, tomaotes, tomato sauce, beef stock, and the sautéed celery, carrots, onion and potatos and stir.
- Add parsley, oregano, basil, sage, bay leaves, salt pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occaisionally, for 1 to 1/2 hours, or until potatos and carrots reach desired consistency.
- While simmering soup, prepare macaroni according to package directions.
- Serve soup with desired amount of the cooked macaroni.