Broccoli Rabe, Potato and Rosemary Pizza (#2072)
Share This Recipe
- 2 Pizza Shell uncooked
- 1 large Potatoes yukon gold, very thinly sliced
- 1 Salt
- 1 Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Rapini (Broccoli Rabe) washed, ends trimmed
- 1 large Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves lightly smashed but still intact
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- 9 oz Mozzarella Cheese or Swiss cheese, shredded, divided into half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rosemary Leaves fresh, divided into half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese divided into half
- 1 Black Pepper frehsly ground to taste
- 1 Rosemary Sprigs for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Toss potatoes gently with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Arrange potatoes in one layer on a baking tray.
- Bake until edges begin to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 475 f.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add broccoli rabe and blanch 30 seconds; drain.
- Plunge broccoli rabe into a bowl of ice water.
- Cool and drain again.
- Lay in one layer on a kitchen towel to thoroughly dry.
- Cut in 2" pieces.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté briefly, 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli rabe and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté one minute.
- Remove from heat. Taste and season.
- Assemble pizzas:
- Lightly brush pizza crusts with olive oil.
- Rub all over with smashed garlic cloves.
- Arrange one layer mozzarella cheese over crusts.
- Top with one layer of potatoes and broccoli rabe.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon rosemary over each crust.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake on pizza stone or on tray on lowest rack in oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper before serving.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil if desired.