Black Eyed Peas-Mexican Style (#2070)
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Black-Eyed Peas dried
- 6 cups Water
- 1/4 pound Salt Pork cut into slices
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- In slow cooking pot, combine black-eyed peas with water.
- Soak overnight.
- Cook soaked beans in water on high for 2 1/2 hours or until tender, but not mushy.
- Turn control on low.
- Stir in salt pork, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain and serve.