Caramel Croissant Pudding (#2066)
Share This Recipe
- 2 Croissant stale
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Milk whole
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Tear the croissants into pieces and put in a small gratin dish; i use a cast iron oval with a capacity of about 500ml/ 2 cups for this.
- Put the sugar and water into a saucepan, and swirl around to help dissolve the sugar before putting the saucepan on the hob over medium to high heat.
- Caramelize the sugar and water mixture by letting it bubble away until it all turns a deep amber colour; this will take 3 to 5 minutes. Keep looking but don't be too timid.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the cream - ignoring all spluttering - followed by the bourbon and milk. Whisk to mix, then still whisking add the beaten eggs. Pour this quickly over the croissants and leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and prepare to swoon.