Profiteroles (Cream Puffs) (#2064)
Chocolate Desserts French
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine
- 1 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 pint Heavy Whipping Cream whipped
- 4 oz Chocolate Unsweetened
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- In saucepan, mix margarine or butter, water, salt; bring to boil.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook, stir until mix forms ball that doesn't separate.
- Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating with wood spoon after each egg until smooth.
- Drop by teaspoon-sized balls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees f, 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven. Split each profiterole for steam to escape; remove soft dough from inside.
- Cool on wire rack or in the oven (which has been turned off) to keep them crispy.
- Filling: Fill each profiterole with whipped cream.
- Place on serving plate.
- Melt chocolate, butter, syrup over gentle heat.
- Pour over profiteroles, serve immediately.