Master Frittata-Frittata DIY (#2062)
Share This Recipe
- 8 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Milk
- 1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper freshly ground pepper
3 Cups Vegetable And Meat Combination, See Direcition About How To Prepare Them
- 1/4 cup Herbs freshly chopped
- 1 Spices and aromatics
- 2/3 cup Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil or more as needed
- Frittta diy:
- For vegetable and meat:
- Choose 3 or more following ingredients for up to 3 cups:
- Asparagus, steamed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Roasted red bell pepper: Peeled and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- Chorizo: Cut into small slice and browned
- Fresh mushrooms: Cut into 1/4 inch slices and sauteed with garlic if desired
- Leeks or onions: Thinly sliced and sauteed
- Pancetta or bacon: Cut into 1/4 inch dice and sauteed
- Potatoes: Peeled boiled, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Spinach, arugula or kale: Trimmed, sauteed, drained and chopped
- For cheeses:
- Choose 1 or 2 or more for 2/3 cup
- Feta, fotina, fresh and soft goat cheese, fresh ricotta, parmesan, or any your favorite cheese
- For aromatics and spices:
- Choose 2 or more
- Crushed red pepper flakes: 1/4 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste.
- Garlic: Minced, 1 teaspoon, sauteed, or to taste.
- Lemon zest: Finely grated, 1 teaspoon
- Scallions: Thinly sliced, 1/4 cup, sauteed
- Paprika or smoked paprika: 1/2 teaspoo
- Fresh herbs:
- Choose 2 or more for 1/4 cup
- Basil, chives, dill, marjoram, mint, parsley
- To make the frittata:
- Arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350° f (180° c).
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the eggs with your milk, the flour, about 1 teaspoon salt, and several grinds of pepper. If you are going to use salted cheeses, then reduce the amount of salt to 1/2 teaspoon now.
- Combine your favorite ingredients from the lists with the egg mixture, folding them gently.
- Allow any cooked ingredients to cool a bit before you add them to the eggs. Don't overcook them.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Wen the oil is hot, add the egg mixture, spreading everything evenly.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook about 10 minutes, reduce the heat to low, go on cooking until the eggs are set about 1-inch in from the sides of the pan, another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue cooking frittata in the oven until the top is puffed and completely set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Run a rubber spatula around the sides of the pan to loosen the frittata.
- Split it out of the pan and onto a cutting board or a plate.
- Cut and serve warm.