A1 Chicken in Cream Of Mushroom Soup (#2060)
Pastas Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 tablespoons Canola Oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 cups Sour Cream or yogurt
- 8 oz Cream Of Mushroom Soup one can
- 1 pound Chicken Breast Halves (Boneless Skinless) or any chicken pieces, thighs, legs, with skin or without
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Pasta any kind, spirals or penne work well
- 1 Broccoli Florets fresh, or frozen (optional)
- 1 Mushrooms sliced any kind (optional)
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers diced (optional)
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken pieces. Drying the pieces will help them brown much better.
- Heat the oil in a large pot (dutch oven) over medium to medium high heat.
- Brown the chicken in oil very well, this will take about 10 to 15 minutes. Don't worry about the brown bits on the bottom.
- If your pieces of chicken include skin drain off as much of the fat as you can.
- De-glaze the pan with a splash of vermouth, wine or water and scrape up the brown bits. This adds tremendous flavor.
- Add the sour cream and the soup (add milk if you want more sauce), mixing it so that it's blended together.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, the sauce will thicken a bit. Stir occasionally.
- Cook some pasta, broccoli, sauté some mushrooms in a bit of butter or any other vegetables you would like to add.
- Add any optional vegetables and simmer for a few minutes to heat everything up.
- Serve with a grind of black pepper if desired.
- This recipe makes great leftovers. To reheat add a bit of milk to the sauce and either reheat in the pot or in a microwave for about 3 minutes.
- This might not sound like an exciting dish but it makes a wonderful meal and i always get rave reviews. Simple one pot comfort food for my kids.
- This recipe is very forgiving, you can add whatever you have on hand and very easily double the amounts for extra leftovers.