Apple Almond Pie (#2054)
Share This Recipe
- 1 Pie Shell (9 Inch) single crust
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup light or dark
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 cups Apples peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Almonds sliced, toasted
- 1 Apples peeled & sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Almonds sliced, toasted, garnish
- Prepare pie crust for filled one-crust pie using 9-inch pan. Flute edge. Heat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Reserve 2 tablespoon sugar. In medium bowl, combine remaining sugar and corn starch. Add eggs, beating well to combine. Stir in butter, corn syrup and almond extract. Mix in apples and almonds. Pour into pie crust-lined pan.
- If desired, garnish with apple slices overlapped in a circle around edge of pie. Sprinkle center with almonds.
- Sprinkle reserved sugar over top. Bake at 375° f (190° c) for 50 minutes or until center of pie is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in refrigerator.