Arugula, Apple and Cheddar Salad with Maple Candied Pecans (#2053)
Salads Side Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/3 cup Pecans coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 6 cups Arugula (Roquette)
- 1 Apples 1/2 gala and 1/2 golden delicious, peeled if needed, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 Celery tough ends trimmed off, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Cherries, Dried or dried canberries
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese cut into cubes
- Toast the pecans in a small skillet over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, or until browned and fragrant. Or toast in a 350° f (180° c) f oven for about 10 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the hot pecan pieces into a bowl, drizzle the maple syrup over, and stir with a spoon until well coated. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, add the lemon juice olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Whisk until well blended.
- In a mixing bowl, gently toss the arugula with a few drizzle of dressing until evenly coated.
- Arrange the seasoned arugula between two serving plates.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the apples, celery, dried cherries. Drizzle the remaining dressing, and toss until well combined.
- Place equal amount of apple mixture on top of each plate over arugula.
- Top with cheddar cheese and maple candied pecans.