Mama's Best Strawberry Shortcake (#2052)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 cups Biscuit Baking Mix (Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Raw Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 3 scoops French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 3 whole Strawberries Hulled and Quartered Lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Puree
- 1 sprig Mint Leaves
- For the vanilla glaze on bottom: Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch, blend well. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture to boiling water; reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and add the butter, vanilla, and salt, stirring until butter is melted. Decoratively coat bottom of shortcake plate. Makes 3/4 cup.
- For biscuits: Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c). Mix biscuit mix, water and sugar until a soft dough forms. Scoop 3 ounces of dough into a lightly greased muffin pan. Flatten tops with wet fingers. Sprinkle tops with raw sugar. Bake until golden brown.
- Take 3 large biscuits, cut in half, and lay bottoms over vanilla drizzle. Take one large scoop of ice-cream and put on each biscuit bottom, and put biscuit tops over ice-cream. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, drizzle with strawberry purée and strawberry quarters. Add whipped cream as desired (so if your like me, you may need more than one can). Garnish decoratively with a mint sprig. Viola!