Lebanese Tabbouleh (#2049)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Cracked Wheat (Bulgur) fine grain
- 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Salt to taste
- 3 cups Parsley Leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions finely chopped
- 2 cups Tomatoes ripe, fresh, finely chopped (if not ripe, omit)
- 1 1/2 cup Spearmint Leaves fresh, finely chopped (if necessary, substitute another mint)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice fresh
- 3/4 cups Olive Oil
- Rinse the cracked wheat several times then cover with water by 1/2 inch and let soak for 20 minutes, then drain well, squeezing out excess water.
- Combine minced onion with the allspice, pepper and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, scallions, tomatoes and mint. Gently fold in the drained wheat and refrigerate until an hour before serving. Just before serving, stir in the seasoned onion and dress with lemon juice and oil to taste.