Mrs. Fields Carrot Cake (#2046)
Cakes Desserts Nuts
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar light, packed
- 1 cup Sugar white
- 1 1/2 cups Butter softened
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract pure, extract
- 3 cups Carrots grated
- 1/2 cup Pineapple crushed, drained
- 1 cup Seedless Raisins
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Butter salted
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugars.
- Add butter, one egg and vanilla; blend with electric mixer on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- And remaining eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
- Add carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts.
- Blend on low until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake in center of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center should come out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Then invert cakes on rack and cool to room temperature.
- To prepare icing:
- On a medium bowl with electic mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth add lemon juice and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add sugar gradually, mixing on low until smooth.
- To frost the carrot cake:
- Place one layer on a cake platter, and with a metal spatula spread icing over the top to form a thin filling.
- Place second layer over the first, rounded side up.
- Coat the top and sides of the cake evenly with remaining icing.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to set icing.