Beef and Zucchini Stuffed Tomatoes (#2044)
Dinner Beef Main
Share This Recipe
- 6 large Tomatoes
- 2 Tomato Paste 2 cans
- 1 large Yellow Onion diced
- 7 large Eggs
- 6 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Beef ground and lean
- 1/2 bunch Basil leaves, chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic or up to 8 cloves
- 1 Sea Salt
- 1 Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Oregano
- 1 Yellow Summer Squash chopped
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- 1/2 bunch Parsley Leaves fresh and flat leaf, chopped
- 1/2 bunch Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Walnuts 1 handful
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- A few hours before or the night before, mince or grate 4 garlic cloves and add to ground beef, add one egg, mix well.
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes and hollow out the inside and place in a bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat 3 tbs of olive oil.
- Add 3 to 4 cloves of minced garlic and the half bunch of chopped basil leaves.
- Let cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, watch the garlic so it doesn’t burn.
- Add bowl of the tomato insides and 2 cans of tomato paste, mix well.
- Add italian seasoning, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Use emulsion blender to blend well. Let simmer.
- In a large pan, heat 3 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add chopped onions and chopped zucchini.
- Let cook until onions are transparent.
- Add the beef and cook thoroughly. Drain.
- Add about 1/3 of the tomato sauce mixture to the beef mixture-stir until well combined.
- In a food processor, combine other half of basil, 1/2 bunch of parsley, 1/2 cup of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, handful of walnuts, and pulse until well combined- this will be your pesto.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish (like a pyrex).
- Add the beef in the tomatoes make sure to leave room for the pesto and egg.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto on the beef.
- Crack one egg on the pesto.
- Bake in a 400 degree f oven for about 20 minutes. Let rest.
- If desired, add more tomato sauce/beef mixture to your plate.