Golden Potato Pancakes (#2043)
German Jewish Breakfast Side
Share This Recipe
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder optional
- 6 medium Russet Potatoes peeled, shredded in processor, squeeze out excess water, then pulse with chopper blade
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion minced or grated
- 2 Tbsp Chives snipped
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil or vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix in the processed potatoes, onion and chives.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter into hot oil by heaping tablespoons. Cook approximately 4 minutes per side, until the pancakes are golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. While frying the remaining pancakes, keep fried pancakes warm in a low oven.
- Serve with sour cream and/or apple sauce.