Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (#2042)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 cup Butter or margarine,, softened
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 12 oz Chocolate (Semi-Sweet) semi-sweet morsels
Double Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Peanut Butter or butterscotch morsels
- 6 oz Chocolate (Semi-Sweet) semi-sweet morsels
- Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugars, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° f (190° c) for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool.
- Double chip cookies: Prepare best chocolate chip cookies using peanut butter morsels or butterscotch morsels and semisweet chocolate morsels instead of 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips.