Tomato Chutney (#2041)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 pinch Hing optional
- 1 tsp Black Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 6 medium Tomatoes sliced
- 4 Green Chili Peppers sliced long ways
- 1 Tbsp Ginger minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro freshly chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan until hot.
- Add the hing if needed, black mustard seed and cumin seed.
- After seeds are cracked add bay leaves, paprika, and turmeric.
- Stir and cook for about 30 seconds and add sliced tomatoes, green chili and ginger.
- Cover the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes on low medium heat until tomatoes are soft.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 teaspoons of water and pour into the tomatoes.
- Cook for another a few minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and cilantro until well mixed, turn off the heat and cover for another a few minutes.
- Season with the salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
- Tomato chutney is best served as a side dish with any kind of stuffed paratha or over any kind of indian rice dish.