Barbecued Chicken Legs (#2038)
Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 4 large Chicken Legs quarters
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onions finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 8 oz Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Chutney
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Lemon juice and rind of
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Parsley Leaves finely chopped
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except chicken. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain and set aside to cool. With a sharp knife, make small cuts in chicken pieces.
- Spoon cooled barbecue sauce over chicken and let stand for at least 1/2 hour.
- Heat broiler or grill. Cook about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces.
- Baste frequently with barbecue sauce.
- Test for doneness by pricking chicken with skewer; if juice runs clear, chicken is done.
- Heat remaining sauce and serve separately.