Basil Pesto, Oven-Dried Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Taco Pizzas (#2021)
Pizzas Italian Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced, optional
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 8 Corn Tortillas (6-Inch) or flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto basil, homemade or store-bought
- 8 Olives black or green, sliced, optional
- 1/4 cup Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers slice into strips, optional
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 Basil leaves, fresh, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees f.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes onto a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic if desired.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for about 2 hours until the cherry tomatoes are shrivelled and flavors are concentrated. (they will look dry outside but juicy-tender inside their small bodies)
- Remove from the oven and set aside. (it can be made one or two days in advance, seal them in a zip-lock bag, and keep them refrigerated)
- Just before you prepare to make the pizzas:
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Lay the tortillas onto a large baking sheet, we layed 6 tortillas on our baking sheet.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon basil pesto evenly over each tortilla.
- Place the oven-dried cherry tomatoes equally over the pesto.
- Place some olives and/or roasted bell peppers if desired.
- Top each with equal amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese melts and tortillas becomes crispy and slightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place onto the serving plates and top with a few fresh basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!