Tartar Sauce (#2013)
Share This Recipe
- 1 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Mustard such as Dijon or Dusseldorf
- 1 Red Hot Pepper Sauce tabasco sauce, few drops
- 1 Salt
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup Olive Oil or a combination of olive oil and vegetable oil
- 1 Lemon Juice to taste
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves fresh, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cornichons finely chopped OR sour pickles
- 3 tablespoons Capers drained, chopped
- Place the yolk in a mixing bowl and add the vinegar, mustard, tabasco, salt and pepper to taste. Beat vigorously for a second or two with a wire whisk or electric beater.
- Start adding the oil gradually, beating continuously with the whisk or electric beater. Continue beating and adding oil until all of it is used. Add more salt to taste if necessary, and the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Yield: About 1 1/2 cups.