Fudgy Rocky Road Brownie Frozen Yogurt (#2010)
Brownies Chocolate Desserts Ice Creams
Share This Recipe
For The Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet) divided
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil or olive oil
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar or 2 tablespoons agave sweeter, and 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour or white whole wheat flour, or regular flour
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
For The Frozen Yogurt
- 2 pounds Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Honey optional, if you prefer sweeter
- To make the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 325° f (160° c).
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch-square or 7 by 11-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil coated with cooking spray or grease with butter. (leave enough of an overhang in order to lift the brownies out of the pan later with the liner.)
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips, butter and canola oil in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat. Add sugar, whisk until sugar dissolves. Cool for a few minutes until the mixture it's not hot.
- Crack eggs into the mixture, one at a time, whisk after each addition until well combined and smooth. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Add flour and salt, and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Gently fold in walnuts and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Add the brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden stick inserted center comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven, and arrange the mini marshmallows on top of the hot brownies.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes until marshmallows are toasted, and watch carefully, do not let burn.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack completely.
- Lift the brownie out of the pan, transfer onto a cutting board, and cut into squares.
- The brownies can be kept in the air-tight container for a few days, or can frozen for up to 1 month.
- To make the frozen yogurt:
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, vanilla and honey if using.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Pour into ice-cream maker, and churl according the manufacture's menu, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop up 6 to 8 brownies or as needed.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt to a reasonably large freezer safe container.
- Add the brownies pieces into frozen yogurt, quickly stirring with a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
- Put the lid on, and freeze in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours at least or overnight to achieve desired firmness.