Washington Cherry Cookies (#2009)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Maraschino Cherries *
- Coarsely-chopped maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed and patted dry.
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c) (190 c).
- Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix into creamed mixture just until blended.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and cherries.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls (15 ml) of dough.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375° f (190° c) (190 c) for 8 to 10 cookies.
- Do not over bake.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.