Greek Yogurt Chicken (low fat) (#2008)
Greek Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt plain low-fat
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest finely grated peel of a lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Oregano finely chopped, fresh
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves chopped finely, fresh
- 1 clove Garlic peeled and forced through a press
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground or to taste
- 4 whole Chicken Breasts halves on the bone, skin removed
- Combine the yogurt, lemon peel and juice, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken into a dish and spread about 1/4 cup of the yogurt sauce over the chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining yogurt sauce.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 375 degree f oven 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned on top and cooked through.
- Spoon the yogurt sauce over the chicken and serve.